Welcome to my blogland friends

Sunday 27 October 2013

CD Sunday - Travels Abroad

This week over on CD Sunday Christine has chosen the topic of Travels Abroad, now as first I didn't have a clue but did think maybe a scrapbook page, decided you didn't want to be subjected to my ugly mush so went with a retirement card instead.

This card looks very simple and plain and yes it is but the embossed mat has been coloured with Treasure Gold wax, I used several colours to get the effect and it doesn't really show in the picture, it is a blend of five wax colours and took quite a while to get the effect I was looking for. I bought one pot at the Port Sunlight stamp show but very soon had to add to that and now I have five pots with still more to come at some point, I just love it.

I do hope you will join us support our guest Wynn who has produced another cracker this week.


5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the effects of all those colours IRL Jenny. I bet it's stunning. Makes a great backdrop for that super image.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image makes a great retirement card Jenny, and being retired would certainly make travel abroad easier to do. Just have to hope we all have the money to do it!!

    Sue x
    Thanks for your kind words, the knee is a little easier today, I'm glad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Jenny and I wouldn't have guessed you had used Treasure Gold waxes. I am with Beryl as I would love to see all the colours in the flesh. Lovely image too.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and image Jenny, love the wax's and combining them you can create your very own colour.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning!!! Something else on the wish list....treasure gold wax lol
    These challenges certainly make us think don't they?
    Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive