Welcome to my blogland friends

Sunday 15 January 2012

CD Sunday - Enchantment

Over on CD Sunday this week we want you to think enchanting thoughts and show us what the word enchantment means to you.  For my card I have used an image from Joanna Sheen's - Country Garden, this image makes me think of an enchanted forest and the children are fascinated by the spider.
I coloured the background of the card with three distress inks and it's not as dark as it looks in the picture, I used spun sugar, scattered straw and one of the new ones iced spruce, before putting the ink on I stamped the swirls and embossed with silver pearl embossing powder.  The flowers were in a Kanban kit I bought from C&C, they were cream but I used the spun sugar ink directly onto the card before rolling them up. I have used a punch for the leaves and I was going to put a sentiment on but it didn't look right so used a few pearls instead.

I do hope you can come on over and join us, you know we love to see your entries as it gives us a chance to have a sneaky peak at all the other things you do.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny. I just love those flowers. I wonder if it would work with parchment. I'll add it to my must try list.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jen, the flowers look fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the background with the swirls.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card jen, i like the image and lo and the flowers are really pretty. sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really beautiful, Jenny. Love the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jen, I love the image and also the coposition
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jen, love the image and your background is gorgeous. Love your new look blog too
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive